Monday, January 13, 2014

Dance fairy

I think it's fair to say I spent more time asleep last week than I did awake.  Sometimes I just can't explain why, even in my own head - my body just takes command and I don't seem to have much control over it. It's usually when my Lyme symptoms flare up, my joints ache and my head begins to hurt - add that to everything related to my shoulder and I should probably be surprised I don't spend more weeks asleep!  Hopefully now with the really cold weather lifting (and finding another packet of antibiotics in the cupboard, after I thought I'd run out last week... oops...) I can wake myself up a bit more effectively!   I am now more than half way through my visit here, so this week - fuelled by energy drinks, caffeine, painkillers, and whatever else I can find to give me a boost, I plan to do more than just sleep!

I'm not exactly sure what, but I thought this little tea bag tag went perfectly with my 'dance fairy charm' and hopefully will subliminally inspire my brain to embrace consciousness and find some exciting stages to dance upon for the rest of my trip... metaphorically, of course.  My pirouettes are currently an exercise in 'letting go' in attempt to teach my brain to relax my muscles and loosen them up, since I can't stop the spinning and have to 'flop' at the end - it might be good for physiotherapy, but it's certainly not at any kind of performance level!

Here's to a (hopefully) much more exciting week than last week!



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

    ~ Vivian Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment