Thursday, August 9, 2012

Be Brave


Today Mum received a mysterious package in the mail.  I watched her open it, my curiosity piqued. She handed my sister and I little packages identical to the one she held. Surprise pressies are the best! So what was the surprise?  A fantastic idea: "Bravelets".  Ours have a stainless steel bar that says "be brave" and a lime green leather cord - for Lyme awareness. 

bravelet-bracelet-lime

You can buy Bravelets here and support your favourite cause in doing so.  $10 from each of our Lyme awareness Bravelets goes right to Lyme research.


  



I really love these because they are well made, a nice little piece of fashion jewellery but with a worthy cause!  They're unusual, so when someone comments on it I am looking forward to saying "It's to help raise awareness of Lyme disease" and hope that every time that happens, someone else learns about Lyme and passes that on to someone else too.

In addition, the very simple, yet eloquent, "be brave" will remind me every day that is what I am striving for.  Feeling linked to the Lyme community through this bracelet, "be brave" will also remind me that there are others fighting the same battles and collectively we can be brave and together we can beat Lyme.


Share Bravelets with your friends and help spread awareness of Lyme disease


“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” ~ Douglas Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment