Friday, February 14, 2014

My Soulmate

An entirely accidentally appropriate topic for today....

I think the person who created this is possibly my soulmate.  I am not alone.  I am not the only one who overthinks simple things!

http://www.pinterest.com/gmun22/just-me-my-thoughts/

However, I think I can win.  Paper is a metaphor. It represents the written (and spoken) word, which has resulted in old sayings such as "the pen is mightier than the sword" (scissors or rocks, if we're talking about violence) and "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me" - not something we hold to be true anymore, but I'm pretty sure it also works with the metaphor.  'Paper' is words, writings, ideas - everything; it can even be used to represent diplomacy versus a violent war.


 So Mr Anti-paper, as much as I love your thought process, I think you didn't quite finish it, perhaps we are not soulmates after all! Paper all the way! 

Just to weigh in, you can't beat some genius thinking from Sheldon........:


Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
From The Big Bang Theory

Sheldon even uses 'paper' in a broader academic sense! 


And since it's after 6am..... I think this might be my favourite thing I've found on Pinterest EVER (so far.... so much more to discover....):

http://www.pinterest.com/gmun22/just-me-my-thoughts/


"There  is  a  drowsy  state,  between  sleeping  and  waking;  where  you  dream  more  in  five  minutes  with  your  eyes  half  open,  and  yourself  half  conscious  of  everything  that  is  passing  around  you,  than  you would  in  five  nights  with  your  eyes  fast  closed  and  your  senses  wrapt  in  perfect  unconsciousness."


    ~ Charles Dickens




No comments:

Post a Comment