Saturday, January 12, 2013

Smile

After physio on Thursday I fell asleep, possibly due to pain, possibly with a migraine, and possibly because of the mix of drugs I had tried, but whatever the cause, I slept through Thursday's blog-post time and missed out on the lyrics of the day.

Yesterday, the continuing pain from Thursday's session at physio really didn't see me in much of a more conscious state and so I missed yesterday too.

As you may have gathered, Thursday's physio session was back to the experimenting.  The drugs definitely worked in terms of the actual movement and managing my exercises a bit better, but I haven't quite figured out what combination of drugs will help my body adequately cope with the after effects, so it's been a quiet, extra sore, couple of days.

With not much else to say other than to try to pull up some lyrics that are supposed to instill optimism  - the entire point of this little personal challenge - today I've decided on these:


"Smile"
Music by Charlie Chaplin
Words by Turner Parson
Sung by Nat King Cole


If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every pain and sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near

Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile




(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)


A day without a laugh is a wasted day
~ Charlie Chaplin

No comments:

Post a Comment