Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it"

I seem to have the flu, so I done even less than usual the last couple of days... basically, I have slept.  Today I did not even see daylight.  So, not a lot to write about really, and my thoughts go to dreams... both literal and metaphorical.

Anyway, today I just kept thinking of this song.  It's always been my favourite Madonna song, just because it conjures up such happy, evocative images and given that this week I am definitely determined to try to uplift myself (and doing so also uplifts everybody else according to yesterday's teabag),I have opted for another cheery song.:


Madonna - Dear Jessie

Ride the rainbow to the other side
Catch a falling star and then take a ride
To the river that sings and the clover that
Brings good luck to you
It's all true

Pink elephants and lemonade
Dear Jessie hear the laughter
Running through the love parade
Candy kisses and a sunny day
Dear Jessie see the roses
Raining on the love parade

If the land of make believe
Is inside your heart it will never leave
There's a golden gate where the fairies all wait
And dancing moons
For you

Close your eyes and you'll be there
Where the mermaids sing as they comb their hair
Like a fountain of gold you can never grow old
Where dreams are made
Your love parade




(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)



I do not believe in miracles over the power of educated and skilled doctors; and I do not believe in magic over science; but there is a part of me that feels my recovery is also about my belief in my own wishes; my determination - through action - to make them come true and I feel this song expresses that.  I do also believe that positive thought is a good thing.  In gymnastics they say, "there's no such word as can't" in the gym - and that's because if you're going to attempt to defy gravity, you have to believe it's going to work.... if you don't believe it, you will come crashing down - and not because of gravity (usually), but because of your lack of belief in your ability to conquer the move.  Sometimes all my shoulder work feels a bit like that - I know science and medicine and skilled doctors and physios are my lifeline; my foundation; but I also know the hard work has to comes from me too and that I have to believe my hard work will get me results.  Therefore my dreams and my wishes are my positive thoughts - me visualising success (just wishing for it to come a little faster!).

It also makes me think of a quote by a favourite childhood author:


  
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”

~ Roald Dahl


No comments:

Post a Comment