Saturday, May 5, 2018

MAY is Lyme Disease awareness month

Lyme disease awareness

This year is proving to be a tough one. Treatment is working, but energy levels (& computer tolerance levels... eyes, concentration, headaches) are low.

A few awareness points for 2018...

All around us dangers wait,
Worse than any thriller:
Somewhere hidden in a field
There lurks a cereal killer.
~Simon Andrew

While this is an amusing little play on words about field mice - spotted in a local eatery, south of Edinburgh, of course my mind went to the hidden 'serial killer' - also hiding in fields... and in mice: TICKS! Mice make good hosts for ticks. They offer food, heat, and usually find themselves a cozy home for the winter - ticks are brought into our homes and gardens by pets and other small mammals or birds. 

Always remember to TICK CHECK yourself, kids, and pets when you have been outside - hiking, or simply playing in your own garden.



And while wordplay is fun under artistic licence, it IS important to know the name of the disease:
LYME disease
or
LYME BORRELIOSIS

Names are important: to be taken seriously, it is important that the medical community, and the general community do know the correct term.

Share what you know, you could save someone's life.

#LymeDiseaseAwareness




1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from Lymes , and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony .    

    ReplyDelete