Sunday, November 5, 2017

November Mindfulness: Nourished

November Mindfulness: Day 2 'Nourished'

Unsurprisingly, I'm playing catch up on day 2.... I took the photos, planned the posts... not sure I have a reasonable excuse for not even uploading a photo!

'Nourished' did make me think a little bit more deeply about what true nourishment means just now. Yes, I eat well (even with the 'good' dark, organic, low sugar chocolate... mostly); I can't drink any alcohol because it would prevent antibiotics from working; I drink loads of water & herbal teas; I take various supplements - some antimicrobial, or ones that work in some way to complement the antimicrobial action of medications/ herbs, and others to boost antioxidants and aid in detoxing my body as it (hopefully) is so exhausted because it's clearing out nasty, twisted (ha ha... Lyme jokes) spirochetes.  But that didn't really feel like it went very deep - it was too literal, so I think this collage better represents how I 'nourish' myself right now.


'Nourished'
#herbaltea #organicchocolate #cactusgarden #breathe #ifyoucandreamityoucandoit #butterlies
#justwhenthecaterpillarthoughttheworldwasoveritbecameabutterfly
#somepursuehappinessotherscreateit #art #myart #arttherapy #flowers #candles



There is tea (green tea, ginger tea, matcha tea, turmeric tea, kava tea, 'breathe deep' tea, 'throat coat' tea, 'bedtime' tea, milk thistle tea, fruity teas, fruity green teas, minty teas.... basically everything except 'real' tea - British and I dislike tea.... I've got the healthy ones though & I think that's what counts here!) - all with the obligatory hipster(hippy?)-but-I-love-it tea bag tags offering a dose of philosophical existentialism a few times a day, and some amazingly tasty coffee-chocolate from our local health food store.... no, my diet's not perfect, but I TRY!!  

More representative of how I 'nourish' (/boost/ motivate/ pick a synonym) myself are all the little things I surround myself with. I like to look around me and feel the little boost I get from these things I've inadvertently collected or created over the years.  I find this in quotes, art, plants (although I fear they might really be struggling for light now the clocks have gone back, unless they can get on board with my personal Lyme-time-zone), books, scented candles, special cards, my piano, (a million) notebooks, paints, pencils, pens, sketchbooks (different from notebooks), colouring books and a variety of my own creations.  Lots of little things that make me smile, make me think, or remind me how much I enjoyed creating them.  Some are clear messages - and perhaps the reason I've sworn at 'cheerful' inanimate objects on the odd occasion; some are things I have spent valuable time and energy (and spoons) creating myself - painting, drawing, planting....  Creativity is truly a form of escapism and is probably where I find mindfulness best.  And even if some objects seem irrationally annoying on bad days, most of the time they serve their purpose and remind me to focus on the positive.



Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.

~ Earl Nightingale ~


No comments:

Post a Comment