Saturday, January 4, 2014

Peace, tranquility & harmony

Today's teabag is something we all crave (well I certainly do!).  It's something that we should all make time for - even for just a moment, to sit, relax and contemplate everything and nothing all at once.   It seems perfectly accompanied by some soothing photos and few words. Have a peaceful day :-)

http://www.yogiproducts.com

Things that bring me peace, tranquility & harmony:


One of my favourite pieces of art - my Dad brought it back from Barcelona for me a few years ago, and it is framed in my bedroom where I can lie in bed and lose myself in it, imagining the beautiful absurdity of playing a grand piano in a hay field.



Memories of perhaps the most peaceful, tranquil place I have been: 
Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman



The idea we are just tiny specks of stardust, floating around the universe, temporarily inhabiting a conscious body.  This reminds me of one of my favourite books, 'Sophie's World' by Jostein Gaarder - at one point he writes, "We are all made of star dust." This thought soothes me, and this image illustrates the idea perfectly.



What brings you peace, tranquility & harmony?  It's the weekend.... take a moment.....


“It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.”

  ~ Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment