Monday, February 4, 2013

Happiness

Another gem from Pintrest... and I really hope it is true.



Sometimes, when I am being super-optimistic (or perhaps when I'm trying to make myself feel optimistic) , I focus on the benefits.  It strange to think there are benefits that come of out being ill, and/ or dealing with a horrendous injury (or with anything else that completely and totally turns your life upside down) but focusing on these is a positive thing to do - to accept that there are certain things that are different because of my illness.  For example,  I will never take my health for granted; it means I will always appreciate my family, more than I thought imaginable; I have learned that I some very special friends who have stuck by me through the very worst times; it means I have had time to truly think about what I want out of life and how I want to get there; and over and above everything else: I want to be happy. So I have a goal, a challenge, something to work towards.  And if John Lennon understood that when he was five, he truly was a genius!


“Live the life you've dreamed”
  ~ Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment