Friday, February 8, 2013

I will try again

I saw this quote today on a magnet by Quotable Cards and it actually made me feel a bit emotional and I choked on my words as I tried to read it out loud.  I started to read it to my Mum because it really resonated with me and I didn't quite manage to get it all out.  Sometimes it's just the simple things that really hit a nerve.




I think it applies to everyone, at some point in their lives, in probably a billion different scenarios, as we all fight our own battles... The point is that just getting up and dealing with each day, and with whatever the day throws at you is courage.  The alternative is to hide under the covers, away from the world; the human equivalent of an ostrich hiding its head in the sand.  And while this is highly appealing at times, trying again tomorrow is what gets results. Even if it takes a thousand tomorrows.



The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
  ~ Abraham Lincoln


No comments:

Post a Comment