Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dance

I've had a really sore day today after all the pushing, pulling and testing my muscles went through yesterday so I've chosen what I think is a simple, but beautiful, inspirational song. It always makes me think about how tiny and insignificant we really are in this amazing world we live in - but we still get the chance to live one life and we should always choose to dance; to experience every opportunity that we get and to live life to the max, as much as we can.


"I Hope You Dance"
Lee Ann Womak

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance, 
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. 

Dance....I hope you dance. 
I hope you dance....I hope you dance. 
I hope you dance....I hope you dance.. 
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along 
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)


 (Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)


It's too hard to choose just one quote this song inspires, so I have three:


“Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all.”
   ~ Emily Dickinson


To live is the rarest thing in the world.  Most people exist, that is all.
  ~  Oscar Wilde


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
  ~ Mark Twain


EXPLORE ~ DREAM ~ DISCOVER ~ DANCE
BE AMAZED
BE AMAZING

No comments:

Post a Comment