Sunday, January 20, 2013

It just takes some time...

Every now and then, the best bit of motivation is just a reminder that everything takes time and requires patience.  As much as we wish sometimes we could slow it down, or speed it up, that's not an option (yet....my imagination is closed to nothing...).  So today, I am just choosing to remember that.... and I think this song serves as a pretty upbeat reminder:



"The Middle"
Jimmy Eat World

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just try your best, try everything you can.
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.


   *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).
It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).

  *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *

Just do your best, do everything you can.


(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)



All you can ever do is your best, but some of us have higher expectations of ourselves and set higher standards than others.  I know I have really struggled mentally with my recovery because right from the beginning I told everyone that I thought the hardest month would be immediately after the surgery, when I was immobilised, wearing my super-sling 24/7.  I felt that once I got started at physiotherapy, I could work as hard as possible - I was going to be the super-patient, the one that recovered in five months instead of twelve and amazed everyone with my healing abilities (and handstands).  Instead, I have turned into the super (im)patient patient and not amazed anyone with any kind of super healing abilities... but as my other posts this week have said, it has made me realise how much life is a journey and the line in this song you're in the middle of the ride really gets it spot on.  I'm not writing myself off yet, and I'm still aiming for that handstand..... one day!



We all have our time machines.  Some take us back, they're called memories.  Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

~ Jeremy Irons

No comments:

Post a Comment