Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today

Well, I survived January! Yay!  I didn't make any new year's resolutions because I don't really believe in them.  I don't believe in trying to do something because it's the beginning of a new year, or a new month, or beginning a diet (or whatever) at the beginning of a new week because tomorrow is always a new day and new months, or news years are really just arbitrary dates.  If you 'break' your diet on a Wednesday (it's an easy example), who says you have to give up for the rest of the week?  Just strengthen you resolve and start again tomorrow.

I really feel that looking at things from that kind of perspective is what helps me cope with everything just now - and there is so much advice like that (one step at a time; one day at a time; little by little etc.) so when I have a bad day, or an extra-painful day, or I feel disappointed that my movement hasn't been good one day; I always tell myself it has just been one day and tomorrow is a new today.  It might sound a bit weird, but I think it helps.  And I think there are so many situations in life that are made easier by focusing on the present; not worrying too much about things we can't control.

So, to end January, and welcome the second month of 2013, and another new day:  



"Today My Life Begins"
Bruno Mars

I've been working hard so long
Seems like pain has been my only friend
My fragile heart's been done so wrong
I wondered if I'd ever heal again

Oh just like all the seasons never stay the same
All around me I can feel a change (oh)

I will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me
Leave the past behind me, today my life begins
A whole new world is waiting its mine for the taking
I know I can make it today my life begins

Yesterday has come and gone
And I've learn how to leave it where it is
And I see that I was wrong
For ever doubting I could win

 (Chorus)

Life's too short to have regrets
So I'm learning now to leave it in the past and try to forget
Only have one life to live
So you better make the best of it

  (Chorus)


  (Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)



And the perfect sentiment to finish January with my all-time favourite quote:


“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”

   ~ Albert Einstein

And now to think of a February challenge..

1 comment: