Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Life: positive attitude essential


I've had a few conversations recently, and a big one today, about dealing with... well life really.  My life has definitely not been anywhere close to anything I might have imagined, but everyone has problems and the old adage that you should never judge anyone until you've walked a day in their shoes is something I truly believe in.

However, I also believe that although we might not have control over everything (umm, anything!) that happens to us, we are fully responsible for deciding how to deal with it.  Every now and then  everything does build up and stress me out and I have the whole 'life is not fair' feeling and I cry and let it all out and then I move on, because I honestly believe that moaning and complaining about everything all the time achieves nothing.  Although letting it all out every now and then is definitely cathartic.

So with all that fresh in my mind, today's choice lyrics are from Pink's "God is a DJ":


If god is a DJ
Life is a dance floor
You are the music

If god is a DJ
Life is a dance floor
You get what you're given
It's all how you use it




(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)



And then a favourite and very fitting quote:

“Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.”
~ Voltaire


No comments:

Post a Comment