Saturday, January 5, 2013

Learn to fly

Today we went to see the Cirque du Soleil 3D movie "Worlds Away", and I think if I could, I would definitely still love to run away and join the circus!

My favourite song in the film was actually Blackbird, by The Beatles, which I don't actually think I ever remember hearing before.


Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings
And learn to fly.
All your life
You were only waiting
For this moment to arise

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes
And learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting
For this moment to be free

Blackbird fly
Blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night



(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)




The film was fantastic and (like the five Cirque shows I've seen on stage and the four DVDs I have) I'd certainly recommend it to everyone! Here's the trailer and a bit about making the film from Cirque's YouTube channel:







And it makes me think of another of my favourite quotes (I haven't even had to go searching for quotes this week, they are all just jumping out at me and pairing perfectly with my selected lyrics!):


“The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche




No comments:

Post a Comment