Wednesday, January 23, 2013

F - R - I - E - N - D - S

Sometimes it just takes is a kind word, an email, a text message, a facebook post, or a skype call to remind us life is all about our friends.

I don't feel I need to say a lot today, but sometimes I am reminded how incredibly lucky I am to have certain people in my life and this post is for them.

And since they are SO awesome, I have picked two songs... although if I had more space I would have picked many more...


A little help from my friends
The Beatles

What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

   *       *       *       *       *       *       *

I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends,
Going to try with a little help from my friends.

   *       *       *       *       *       *       *

I get by with a little help from my friends,
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends,
With a little help from my friends. 

(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)




And, of course for our generation that grew up with:


This photo (above) is from 1994.  I remember when we'd actually be outside playing in the park - playing hunt or hunt on bikes, or rounders, or football, or bike races... and we always came in at 9pm on Fri night to watch Friends - sometimes as many as 12 of us crammed into my bedroom, watching on my tiny little portable screen TV. I love those memories.


It eventually moved on to this:



And F-R-I-E-N-D-S was compulsive viewing  in our university flat (Ebru, you know that's why you - and your boxsets - lived there, right?!)

We definitely grew up watching friends, so this also seems at appropriate song for MY friends.

I'll be there for you
The Rembrandts

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D O A
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week
Your month or even your year but

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

  *       *       *       *       *       *       *

No one could ever know me, no one could ever see me
Since you're the only one who knows what it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with, make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst, I'm best with you, yeah

It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week
Your month, or even your year

I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)

(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited) 




“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”

~ Eleanor Roosevelt


Always true: 

  
 Good friends are like stars.... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there 

~ Confucius (I've also seen this attributed to Roald Dahl)


No comments:

Post a Comment