Sunday, January 13, 2013

Take comfort in your friends

It's been another quiet day.  I'm feeling a little bit better and my pain has responded a bit to the drugs so the weekend hasn't been quite as painful as last weekend, but I think I'm still planning some experimenting to see if I can get it under better control... it would be good if it didn't take three days to calm down - only to repeat the process tomorrow!

Unfortunately, my Mum has been in bed for two days with flu-type symptoms now so hopefully she will feel better quickly.

I didn't really pick this song today because my Mum's not feeling great, but generally one way I try to keep things in perspective is to always remember there is someone who is dealing with something harder than I am (not talking about my Mum here - nobody worry, she's ok!).  It's not always the best way to fix things because someone else's situation doesn't change yours - I still think it's important to address your bad day, cry, scream (or break things!) and then focus on the positive things and move on.

My favourite line in this song is about friends.  I do not know how we would get through life without our friends and I am very lucky to have some very amazing friends who have really been there for me this year (and also, thank technology for skype!)



R.E.M. Everybody Hurts

When your day is long
And the night, the night is yours alone
When you're sure you've had enough
Of this life, well hang on

Don't let yourself go
'Cause everybody cries
And everybody hurts sometimes

   *   *   *   *   *

Everybody hurts
Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts
Don't throw your hand, oh no

   *   *   *   *   *

Well, everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody cries
Everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes

So hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts

(Again: I don't own any music/ videos etc. All linked to Youtube and artists accredited)



And a quote that is always applicable to the best friendships:


“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment